Sunday, April 16, 2017

Learning from students: Similes

Here's another example from my adult students sharing poetry with young people in my "learning from my students' students" series. 

Now we're switching gears and looking at how my students and their students interacted with Here We Go: A Poetry Friday Power Book using each PowerPack to see how young writers responded.

Here, Wendy got the students involved in PowerPack 2 of Here We Go and I'll share a few nuggets from her work.

First, here is the PowerPlay activity and the Power2You poem writing activity for one student. The focus is learning about similes.

Then Wendy created original digital poem postcards for each of the three poems in PowerPack 2 using photographs that she took herself. Here's one example:







Finally, Wendy also recommended additional titles of poetry featuring Latino/Latina poets that students might enjoy in her resources slide:


No comments: